As per Kenyatta University Charter and Statutes, the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration) shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for all administration affairs. The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration) is responsible for:
- Personnel issues in the university;
- Security issues;
- Catering services;
- Staff houses and accommodation;
- Legal issues;
- Health issues; and
- Transport services.
The responsibilities of Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration) include:
- Management of Human Resources and General Administration matters.
- Chairing Appointments Committee for non-teaching staff within the university’s Central Administration up to the level of grade thirteen (13);
- Chairing Appointment Committee for non-teaching staff in the rest of the university at the level of grade eleven (11), twelve (12) and thirteen (13);
- In the absence of Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) or on account of other exigencies of services, chairing Appointment Committee as indicated in Statues IVA, 5(i) and (ii).
- May sit in all Appointment Committee and his/her endorsement, with reference to the Vice-Chancellor and University Council, shall be sought for all appointments within respective colleges;
- Shall be responsible for appropriate Human Management Policies and Procedures in conformity with the constitution of Kenya 2010, the university Act, the Charter and any other written laws of Kenya.
- Perform any other functions pertaining to Human Resources and Administration; and
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice -Chancellor.
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844. 00100, Nairobi, P.O. Box 756 00232 Ruiru