APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 DECEMBER 2021
- The Call
Kenyatta University is pleased to announce M.Sc and PhD scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support. DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programmes. These scholarships will benefit scholars from Kenya and the Sub-Saharan African region to pursue studies in selected M.Sc and PhD Programmes as highlighted below. The scholarships are tenable for 2022/2023 academic period that will commence in September 2022; therefore, only candidates available to start the training during this period should apply.
- List of Eligible Programmes/ Study fields
The scholarships are open to students who are interested/ registered in the following programmes:
- MSc in Renewable Energy Technology
- PhD in Biotechnology
- PhD in Environmental Planning and Management
Applications are invited from qualified candidates. Female applicants, candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application Procedures and Requirements
First step: Application for scholarship via DAAD portal
Applicants must apply for the scholarship via the DAAD portal. Applicants are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application. DAAD Deadline: 15 December 2021. Detailed information on the scholarship and specific requirements is available here: https://www.daad.or.ke/en/scholarship-programmes-within-africa/scholarship-programmes-within-east-africa/
Second step: Application for Admission at Kenyatta University
- Identify the programme hosted at Kenyatta from 3 eligible programmes list above you would like to study.
- Register for application at Kenyatta university using the link:
- Fill the application form for admission at Kenyatta University. Application forms are available here:
- National Students: http://www.ku.ac.ke/admissions/index.php/explore/prospective-students
- International Students: http://international.ku.ac.ke/
Ensure you pay the University application fee.
Opening date: October 15th, 2021
Closing date: December 15th 2021.
Welcome To Kenyatta University
2020 Commonwealth PhD Scholarships- Closing Date Friday 28th October, 2021
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK has an open opportunity for Kenyatta University to nominate 2 candidates (1 Male & 1 Female) for consideration to be awarded PhD Scholarship tenable in the UK. Full details are available at: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships/
The CSC's selection committee will grade applications on the following criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the study plan
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate's home country
This is to therefore to request you to share this information with eligible staff in your department to urgently apply to this opportunity.
- Bachelors and Masters Certificates
- Transcripts (Bachelors & Masters)
- Research Proposal (and link to a UK host Supervisor)
- CV showing Academic Prizes, Publications, Patents etc.