Prof. Kisilu Kombo
Name: Prof. Kisilu Kombo
Refereed Journal Papers
- Relationship between Teacher Capacity Building Strategy and Students’ Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Nandi County, Kenya. ISSN (online) : 2319-7722, October 2015.
- Msingi Journal for the Department of Educational Foundations, Kenyatta University. Volume 1, Number 1, 2014.
- Teachers’ Classroom Strategy for Enhancing Students’ Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Nandi County, Kenya. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Volume 20, issue 7, Ver II (July 2015).
- Teachers Excitement and Fears on the Proposed Curriculum Framework for Primary and Secondary Schools in Kenya. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (IOSR-JHSS) Volume 22, Issue II, ver 2 (Nov. 2017).
- Contributing Factors to Drug Abuse among Girls in Secondary Schools in Nakuru County, Kenya. The International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. ISSN 2321-9203.
- African Journal of Educational and Social Sciences Research. The Cradle of Knowledge. (SEREK) ISSN 2304-2885Volume 5 No. 2, 2017
- The International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Contributing Factors to Drug Abuse among Girls in Secondary Schools in Nakuru County, Kenya. ISSN 2321-9203.
- African Journal of Educational and Social Sciences. Strengthening University Partnerships and Collaborations in Kenya: Strategies for Sustainability. ISSN 2304-2885. Volume 6, Issue No. 3, 2018
- Research Journal’s Journal of Education. Prevalence of Students’ Sexual Harassment in Secondary Schools in Nyamira and Kiambu Counties, Kenya. ISSN 2347-8225 vol. 7 no.3 March, 2019.
- Sexual Harassment and Effect on Students ‘Self-Esteem in Selected Public and Private Secondary Schools in Kenya. ISSN 2222-1735 Vol.10, No.21, 2019
- Quality Education as a Strategic Tool for Advancing Sustainable Development in Kenya. ISBN978-9966-820-64-B Vol. 2 Issue 1 November, 2019.
- African Journal of Teacher Education. Determinants of Preschool Teachers’ Attitudes Towards Teaching. AJOTE. Vol. 3. No. 1 (2013)
- Factors Influencing Occupational Aspirations among girls in Secondary Schools in Nairobi region-Kenya ISSN: 2251-1253 (May, 2012).
- Kisilu Kombo, Naom Ondicho and Jepketer Annah, Escalation of Arson Attacks in Secondary Schools and Policy Implications for Education in Kenya, Published in the International Journal of social Science and Humanities Research ISSN 2348-3156, Vol 6, issue 2, pp 361-371, April – June, 2018.
- Kisilu Kombo, Daniel Sifuna & Dan Okita, “Influence of Parenting Style on Drug Abuse among Girls in Secondary Schools in Nakuru County. Published in the IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Vol. 25, Issue 1, Series 6 (January, 2020), 26-35 e-ISSN 2279-0837, P-ISSN 2279-0845
- Kisilu Kombo. “Quality Education as a Strategic Tool for Advancing Sustainable Development in Kenya”. Published in the Machakos University Journal of Science and Technology, ISBN978-9966-820-64-B Vol. 2. Issue 1 November 2019.
- Kisilu Kombo, Daniel Sifuna & Dan Okita, “Contributing Factors to Drug Abuse among Girls in Secondary Schools in Nakuru County, Kenya”. Published in the International Journal of Humanities and Social Science ISSN 2321 – 9203 Vol.7Issue12DOINo.10.24940/theijhss/2019/v7/112/HS1912-035 December, 2019.
- 3rd Africa China World Bank Education Partnership Forum on Teacher Education. Presented a paper on “Teacher Education Systems in Kenya”. A paper presented on 13th November, 2019 in China.
- The Teacher as a Resource: Quality and Utilization. A paper presented on Friday, 21st June-Saturday, 22nd June, 2019.
- “Towards a Peace Model for Education in Emergencies: A Multi-Stakeholder Approach in Kapedo, Turkana County, Kenya”. A paper presented at Arizona State University on 17 -18 April, 2019.
- Kisilu Kombo, Felisita Njuguna and Naom Ondicho, Prevalence of Students’ Sexual Harassment in Secondary Schools in Nyamira and Kiambu Counties. Published in the Researchjournali’s Journal of Education (IOSR-JHSS), Vol. 7, No. 3 (March, 2019), ISSN 2347-8225.
- Kisilu Kombo & Jepketer Annah, Teachers Excitement and Fears on the Proposed Curriculum Framework for Primary and Secondary Schools in Kenya. Published in the IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Vol. 22, Issue 11, Ver. 2 (November, 2017), pp 16-33.
- Kisilu Kombo, Naom Ondicho and Jepketer Annah, Examination of Quality Education in Selected Private Primary Schools in Kenya: the Case of Westlands Sub-County in Nairobi County. Published in the Journal of Education Research and Behavioural Sciences Vol. 6(4), pp 052-058, November, 2017.
- Elishiba Kimani and Kisilu Kombo “An Investigation of Community Participation in the Development of Schools and Income Generating Projects in Rural Areas in Kenya”. *(2 million), Published by British Journal of Educational Research 1 (1): 58 – 68. 2011.
- Elishiba Kimani and Kisilu Kombo (2011): Abortion in Kenya: An examination of its Causes and Effects in Secondary Schools and Colleges in Kenya. Journal of Education and Social Sciences ISSN: 2223 – 490x
- Challenges Facing Nuclear Families with Absent Fathers in Gatundu North District, Central Kenya – Published by the African Symposium: An Online Journal of the African Educational Research Network: Volume 10: No 2,2010
- Josephine Kisilu, Elishiba Kimani and Donald Kombo. “Factors Influencing Occupational Aspirations among Girls in Secondary Schools in Nairobi Region, Kenya”. Prime Research on Education ISSN 2251 – 1253 Vol. 2 Issue 4. PP 244 – 251; 2012.
- Co-authored a paper in African Journal of Education Studies Vol.1 No.1 June 2005. “Determination of Drug Abuse in Nairobi Secondary Schools, Kenya”. ISSN 1815 – 0470
- A Chapter on Control and Management of HIV/AIDS in Kenya in a book entitled “The Status, Impact and Management of HIV/AIDS in Kenya”. Published by The Catholic University of Eastern Africa”. 2003. ISBN 9966 – 909 – 32 – X
- A paper entitled “The role of Public Universities in Addressing Regional and Gender Differences in Education”, in a book entitled the role of African Universities in the Attachment of the Millennium Development Goals. ISBN – 9966 – 776 – 05 –2
- A paper entitled “The Impact of Drug Abuse Sensitization Campaigns in Kenya” In the Status of Environmental Health Education in Eastern Africa Region: Opportunities, Challenges and the way Forward – 2004 ISBN NO 0001 – 0001 – 1
- A paper on Abortion in Kenya: An Examination of Its Causes and Effects on Females in Secondary Schools and Colleges”. Accepted for publication by Egerton Journal of Education.
- A team leader in going on research entitled: “Achieving EFA Goals through Quality Basic Education for Orphan and Vulnerable Children: A Study of Implementing HIV/AIDS Education Sector Policy”.
- Theme: Reproductive Health and HIV/Aid: International Conference – Paper entitled” Challenges of HIV/Aids and Curriculum Innovations in Institutions of Higher Learning in Kenya: 10th April – 12th April 2007.
- Journal of Education & Social Sciences: Education, Human Resource Production and Social, Economic Transformation in the 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities.
- Elishiba Kimani & Donald Kisilu “Gender and Poverty Reduction: A Kenyan Context. Educational Research and Reviews Vol. 5 (1) PP 001 – 009, January 2010; ISSN 1990 – 3839; 2009
- Kagendo M; Kombo K. (2011) Incidence and extent of substance Abuse among secondary school students in Nairobi Kenya: Implications for Specialized Intervention. USA; VDM Publishing. House Ltd. ISBN: 978-3-639-32340-5
- Kinuthia I, Kombo, K, Mweru: (2010) Determinants of Pre-school teachers’ altitudes towards teaching. USA, VDM Publishing House Ltd ISBN: 978-3-639-25699-4
- Co-authored a paper with Salome Nyambura on Re-engineering African Higher Education towards competence- Presented to International Conference on Education on 20th – 22nd July 2011.
- Co-authored a paper with Salome Nyambura and Peter Gathara entitled “Culture of Silence in Suffering: Study of Female University Students in Abusive Relationships”. – presented to an International Conference on Gender Based Violence at Kenyatta University from 1st to 3rd August, 2012.
- Co- authored a paper with Elishiba Kimani on Challenges Facing Nuclear Families with Absent Fathers figures: A Case Study of Gatundu North District in Kenya. An International Conference on Pan-African Family Strength – held at the North Coast Beach Hotel July 21st – 23rd, 2010.