Prof. Grace Wamue-Ngare
ARTICLES IN BOOKS
- 2019: Wamue-Ngare G (2019) “Legitimizing Cultural Positioning: Single Mothers’ Self-Retribution through Dowry Payment: Analogy from Gikuyu’s 10th Daughter” in Familiar Tears (edited) by Wamue-Ngare & P. Kamau. Lambert Academic Publishing ISSN 978-613-9-44556-1
- 2004: Wamue-Ngare, G (2004) “The Use of European Traditions in the Study of Religion in Africa: East African Perspective” in European Traditions in the Study of Religion in Africa edited by Ludwig F. and A. Adogame. Harrassowitz Verlag, Wiesbaden 2004
- 2003: Wamue, G, and M. Theuri (2003) Quests for Integrity in Africa, Acton Publishers, New York 2003.
- 2003: Wamue, G (2003) “Mungiki Movement in Kenya: Religio-political Analysis” NCCK Publication, Nairobi-Kenya
- 2003: Wamue, G (2003) “Single Parenting; My Own Story” in Women and Conflicts in Kenya edited by Getui M. and H. Anyanga. Faith Publishers. Nairobi
- 2001: Wamue, G (2001) “Women and AIDS in Kenya: Some General Observations”: in Quests for Abundant Life in Africa edited by M.N. Getui and M.M Theuri 2001, Acton Publishers. Nairobi
- 1999: Wamue, G (1999) “Food Crisis in Kenya” in Theology of Reconstruction edited by Mary N. Getui and P. Obeng 1999 Acton Publishers. Nairobi
- 1997: Wamue, G (1997) “The Ministry of Women in the Church: An indigenous Cultural Evaluation” in Women in the Church. Edited by Chilver A, Continuum, Nigeria.
- 1996: Wamue, G (1996) “The Widows Dilemma”: In Violence against Women: edited by Wamue G.N. and M. Getui. Acton Publishers Nairobi.
- 1996: Wamue, G (1996) “Taboos and Women’s Well Being” in Groaning in Faith. Edited by Musimbi K. and N. Njoroge. Acton publishers. Nairobi
- 1994/95: Structural Adjustment policies and the cultural context. Independent Review 1992: Yide, O. Essential Traditions and practices in Kenya for Longman Publishers
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS
BEING INVITED TO A CONFERENCE AS GUEST SPEAKER
- 2019: Invited as Guest speaker for a public lecture on “Gender in the 21st Century: Gender Perspectives in Leadership and Education” on 21st March, 2019 at the Mount Kenya University-City Campus
- 2020: Webinar: Invited to participate in a Virtual Conference on Gender Sensitization and Emotional Competence among Women in COVID-19-Global perspectives organized by Department of Women's Studies, Bharathiar University-Coimbatore-India and gave a presentation on 5th August, 2020 entitled: Gender Power Dynamics during Covid 19: The Sexual & Gender based Reality in Kenya
- 2019: Tamar Campaign As a Model to Address SGBV in Eastern Congo; Seminar on 7th March, at Kenyatta University, Nairobi-Kenya.
- 2018: Side by Side Movement for Gender Justice Conference on 28th – 30th November, 2018 at Desmond Tutu Conference Centre AACC Nairobi, Kenya
- 2019:Participated in Training of Trainers' (TOT) Workshop on HIV Mainstreaming and Integration into Curriculum on the topic: “Introduction To Integration and Mainstreaming BAL International training workshop, Nairobi 14th-19th February,–JKUAT -Nairobi
- 2019: Biotechnology workshop on Waste Residue as Alternative to Conventional Inorganic Fertilizers for Sustainable Food Production in Sub-Sahara Africa at Kenyatta University on 9th -10th January,.
- 2018: Resource Mobilization Strategy Validation on 14th November, Safari Park Hotel.
- 2018: International Biotechnology: LEAP –AGRI funded CLASMABAN Project meeting on 7th – 10th November, Outreach (VIB-IPBO) Belgium Center.
- 2018: Alternative Rites of Passage (ARP) Proposal Development workshop- 9th March, Leicester University, UK.
- 2017: Participated in the Pan African Alliance, PABRA: Joint steering Committee and Planning workshop, Nairobi on 30th January – 3rd February at Royal Orchid Azure hotel, Nairobi.
- 2016: Participated in the Symposium on Weaving Just Peace: African Women’s Transformative Leadership in Contest of Transiti on Symposium, 15th August, Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- 2016: Invited to be an Academic Partner for the 2nd World Conference on Women’s Studies Conference- Sri Lanka- 5-6th May,
- 2016: Participated in a Value Chain for Nutrition Project Inception Workshop organized by the International Centre for Tropical Agriculture since 1967 (CIAT),: Gave a Paper on the Gender Strategy for the Research Project 4th-8th April