- Nicholas Mawira Gitonga , Gilbert Koskey, Ezekiel Mugendi Njeru , John M. Maingi and Richard Cheruiyot. 2021. Dual inoculation of soybean with Rhizophagus irregularis and commercial Bradyrhizobium japonicum increases nitrogen fixation and growth in organic and conventional soils. AIMS Agriculture and Food. March 2021, Volume 6, Issue 2: 478-495. doi: 10.3934/agrfood.2021028
- Nicholas Mawira Gitonga, Ezekiel Mugendi Njeru, Richard Cheruiyot and John Maingi. 2021. Genetic and Morphological Diversity of Indigenous Bradyrhizobium Nodulating Soybean in Organic and Conventional Family Farming Systems. February 2021. Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems. DOI: 10.3389/fsufs.2020.606618
- Jonah K Birgen, Richard C Cheruiyot and Teh Exodus Akwa. 2020. Mycotoxin Contamination of Stored Maize in Kenya and the Associated Fungi. Journal of Plant Pathology Research. Volume 2 | Issue 1 | DOI: 10.36959/394/620
- Langat, C., Omwoyo-Ombori., Cheruiyot R., Gathaara, M., Karanja, D. and Leley, P. 2019. Mapping of Quantitative Trait Loci (QTL) Related to Drought Tolerance in Common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) Using F2 Population from (KATB1 X GLP).
- Langat, C., Ombori, O., Leley, P., Karanja, D., Cheruiyot., Gathaara, M. and Masila, B. 2019. Genetic Variability of Agronomic Traits as Potential Indicators of Drought Tolerance in Common Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)
- S. K. Kimaru, E. Monda, R. C. Cheruiyot, J. Mbaka, and A. Alakonya (2018). First report on Colletotrichum boninense and Pestalotiopsis microspora infecting avocado in Kenya. 2nd Phytosanitary Confrence, Book of abstract, page 56
- S. K. Kimaru, E. Monda, R. C. Cheruiyot, J. Mbaka, and A. Alakonya (2018). “Morphological and Molecular Identification of the Causal Agent of Anthracnose Disease of Avocado in Kenya,” International Journal of Microbiology, vol. 2018, Article ID 4568520, 10 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4568520.
- S. K. Kimaru, E. Monda, R. C. Cheruiyot, J. Mbaka, and A. Alakonya (2018). “Sensitivity of Colletotrichum gloeosporioides Isolates from Diseased Avocado Fruits to Selected Fungicides in Kenya,” Advances in Agriculture, vol. 2018, Article ID 3567161, 6 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/3567161.
- Mutsami, A., Okemo, P. and Cheruiyot, R. 2017. Book. Antibiotic Resistance Profiles among Enteric Bacteria in Chicken. Pp.140. Lambert Publishing.
- Langat, C., Gathaara, M.H. and Cheruiyot, R. 2015. Comparative response of catechin levels in drought tolerant and drought susceptible tea clones (Camellia sinensis) (L.) O. Kuntze under different moisture regimes. African Journal of Plant Science. 9 (8): 334 – 338.
- Piero NM, Murugi NJ, Okoth OR, Ombori OR, Jalemba MA and Chelule CR (2015). RNAi-Mediated Downregulation of Cyano-Glycoside Biosynthesis in Kenyan Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) Genotypes. Plant Biochemistry and Physiology, 3 (3):148-153. doi:10.4172/2329-9029.1000148
- Ngugi M Piero, Murugi N Joan, Oduor O Richard, Mgutu A Jalemba, Ombori R Omwoyo and Cheruiyot R Chelule (2015). Determination of Cyanogenic Compounds Content in Transgenic Acyanogenic Kenyan Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) Genotypes: Linking Molecular Analysis to Biochemical Analysis. Analytical and Bioanalytical Techniques, 6(5):264-271. doi:10.4172/2155-9872.1000264
- Ngugi MP, Oduor RO, Omwoyo RO, Njagi JM, Mgutu AJ and Cheruiyot RC (2015). Regeneration of Kenyan Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) Genotypes. Plant Biochemistry and Physiology, 3: 147. doi:10.4172/2329-9029.1000147.
- Njeru, E.M., Maingi, J.M., Cheruiyot, R. and Gitonga, N.M. 2013. Managing Soybean for Enhanced Food Production and Soil Bio-Fertility in Smallholder Systems through Maximized Fertilizer Use Efficiency. International Journal of Griculture and Forestry. 3 (5): 191 -197.
- Gicharu, G.K., Gitonga, N.M., Boga, H., Cheruiyot, R.C., and Maingi, J.M. 2013. Effect of inoculating selected climbing bean cultivars with different rhizobia strains on nitrogen fixation. Online International Journal of Microbiology Research. Vol. 1. Issue 2. pp. 25- 31.
- Piero, M.N., Cheruiyot, R.C., Omwoyo, O., Mgutu, A.J., and Machuka, J.S. 2013. Plant Regeneration of cassava (Manihot esculanta, Crantz). American Journal of Biotechnology and Molecular Sciences. 2151 – 1559.
- Gitonga, N.M., Gitonga, N. M., Gatheri, G., Cheruiyot, R.C. and Maingi, J. 2010: Nodulation and nitrogen fixation in promiscuous and non-promiscuous soybean (Glycine max L. Merrill) varieties in Eastern Kenya. Accepted: Journal of Tropical Microbiology and Biotechnology.
- Mugendi, E., Gitonga, N., Cheruiyot, R. and Maingi, J. 2010: Biological nitrogen fixation by promiscuous soybean (Glycine max L. Merrill) in the Central Highlands of Kenya: Response to inorganic fertilizer, soil amendments. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 6 (4): 381 – 387.
- Acceptability and Production of Soybean and their impact on farming communities of Lake Victoria Basin. Funded by Sida & Sadec Under Vic-Res (InterUniversity Council for East Africa) 2005 – 2008. Located at Mbita – Point, (Nyanza), Makerere University (Uganda) and Ukiriguru (Mwanza, Tanzania).
- Working with small scale farmers in semi-arid areas on cropping systems and rain harvesting techniques to alleviate food security – Vice-Chancellor’s Research Grant (2008).
Membership in Research Proposals/Concept Note Written
- Screening of local rice landraces and introduced varieties for high altitude cultivation (2006) – Commission for Higher Education - Principal Investigator
- Cost-Effective Strategies for attaining sustainable use of rivers and unprotected wetlands in agriculturally high potential areas of Kenya – Submitted to Commission for Higher Education – Principal Investigator.
- Strategies of crop production to climate change in Kenya (2006) – International Development Research Centre. Climate Change Adaptation in Africa (CCAA) research and development program - Principal Investigator
- Women economic empowerment through participation in rainfed rice/legume intercropping system in Kenya – Submitted to Kenya Agricultural Productivity Programme (KAPP). – Individual
5. Working with smallholder farmers in semiarid areas of Kenya to enhance food security by rain harvesting irrigation and innovative cropping systems (2008) – Ruforum Secretariat